2. Russia has invited India to join it in developing the next generation nuclear reactors and to participate in its fast-reactor research project.
Consider the following statements regarding fast neutron reactors
- Fast reactors are beneficial in the sense that it can help in the reprocessing and deactivation of radioactive waste material and produce energy as well
- MBIR, the fast reactor project follows the closed fuel cycle
- Such a reactor does not need any neutron moderator such as water which serves such a purpose in thermal reactors
- It also addresses the non-proliferation of fission materials and weapon technologies
Choose the correct options,